Underground Parking Advantages
As available land becomes scarcer, underground parking becomes more and more appealing, especially in urban locations. Underground parking solutions have many advantages over aboveground parking:
- It makes much more land available for non-parking uses
- It offers easier access control to help reduce crime
- Due to the parking structure, parked cars are unseen
- No obstruction of views or sunlight
- Improved liquid and solid waste pollution control etc.
However, higher building and O&M costs are the primary reasons why many real estate developers avoid underground parking solutions.
Underground Parking Solutions
Automated Parking Systems (APS) are a lower cost alternative to conventional underground multi-story car parks. APS can park the same number of cars in a volume of 60% or less of that required by underground multi-story car parks. A smaller volume means less excavation, lower costs and a shorter construction time. Using steel rather than concrete structures means APS can be pre-fabricated off-site to a large extent to minimize on-site construction time and disruption. Recycled and recyclable steel is also more sustainable.
APS underground parking solutions also have a substantial advantage in terms of operating costs. Since the parking area in an APS is unoccupied space, the O&M costs for lighting, ventilation, fire suppression, signage, passenger lifts, etc. are greatly reduced or eliminated.
APS for Underground Parking
In addition to the cost, APS underground parking solutions offer a whole host of other benefits:
- APS can fit in underground areas with an irregular shape either horizontally or vertically or even both ways.
- APS are roughly 30-40% shorter than multi-story car parks, which minimizes issues with high water tables and other underground obstacles.
- The smaller excavation needed for APS significantly reduces shoring requirements.
Skyline UK Blog JP European Leaders in design and manufacture of Automated Robotic Parking Systems
UK Developer reveals his view...
Developer Reveals his Views […]
World's First Autonomous...
The hassle of finding a […]
Robotic car stacking system...
Giant Car Stacking Robots […]
65 Year Old Automated Parking...
WASHINGTON — Postwar […]
The UK‘s most sustainable...
The Beacon, which is located […]
UK Development Dubbed ‘The...
UK Development Dubbed […]
Hemel Hempstead set to...
20 November 2016, […]
Automated Parking Systems...
A world in which the roads […]
Introducing Britain's 'most...
The high rise is going green. […]
Steel or Concrete for...
The terms […]